Monday, October 30, 2006

Fox Admits He had Not READ the Cloning/Stem Cell Amendment

Michael J. Fox appeared on ABC's show hosted by George Stephanopoulos and admitted he had NOT read the Missouri Stem Cell Amendment. Perhaps it may have been a good idea to do so before campaigning for an amendment that included cloning.

A quote from Hot Air...."But don't you dare question him"

Stop the ACLU, Flopping Aces, and Hot Air have the Video.

Via ABC:

Stephanopoulos: In the ad now running in Missouri, Jim Caviezel speaks in Aramaic. It means, "You betray me with a kiss." And his position, his point, is that actually even though down in Missouri they say the initiative is against cloning, it's actually going to allow human cloning.

Fox: Well, I don't think that's true. You know, I campaigned for Claire McCaskill. And so I have to qualify it by saying I'm not qualified to speak on the page-to-page content of the initiative. Although, I am quite sure that I'll agree with it in spirit, I don't know, I— On full disclosure, I haven't read it, and that's why I didn't put myself up for it distinctly.
My heart breaks for Michael J. Fox and anyone suffering, but when putting yourself in the political arena without knowing all the crucial details surrounding the amendment....I find this to be extremely important especially if you are going to campaign for it. A quote below from Jay at Stop the ACLU
I thought I should put this up since it will probably be mostly ignored by the Lame Stream Media. Although, I’m sure Rush Limbaugh will not be ignoring it. It is interesting how he used his star power to push for something he admits now to not have full understanding of. He goes on to say he against cloning, so is he still for the Missouri legislation?
Tags: , , , , ,

Others Blogging:
Sister Toldjah, A Blog For All, The Anchoress, Strata Sphere,
Gateway Pundit posted MJ Fox Admits He Never Read Missouri's Cloning Amendment

Click here for Main Home page.