Saturday, January 14, 2006

Shaking the Dust off your feet


Many can learn from this saying, especially when you are not welcome at places or people do not listen to what you have to say. In my case, I am shaking the dust off my feet as I move on. Today is a new day and we should find joy in it. Happy Trials- I say!!!….Remember that old song, some may not be that old but I remember every Saturday morning I use to get up early and watch Roy Rogers and Trigger.
“The theme song, "Happy Trails To You", written by Dale Evans, is embedded in the memory of many a baby boomer.”
Roy Rogers “a yodeling straight-shooter dressed in frills and rhinestones (a trademark from his rodeo days) would be hopelessly out of place in these cynical times.”

He may have been born leonard Slye, but he became Roy Rogers as the character blended with the man. Rogers said he believed in the things his character stood for: character, truth, justice, virtue, civility and good winning over bad.

"People are always asking me why they don't make Westerns like they used to," Rogers said. "I don't know the answer. The world changed. Hollywood changed. I think we've lost something, and we don't know how to get it back."
In 1992 Rogers said "Today they're making pictures that I wouldn't want Trigger to see" It seems to me that even then Roy knew about Hollywood and others. I bet he would climb on Trigger today and ride off in the sunset leaving behind ones that are not worthy of mentioning. Since I no longer have a horse as I did when I was younger, shaking the dust off my feet is the right thing to do.


Effective Feb 2006 All comments have been saved and hidden due to transferring to Haloscan 16 Comments