Monday, February 27, 2006

Don Knotts We Will Miss You

Don Knotts or Deputy Barney Fife died Friday. It is sad for me to post about this. He will be deeply missed by so many of us. It seems "Barney" was in my life almost everyday growing up and as an adult, I would laugh just as hard at the reruns as if it was my first time to watch him. To me, we have lost one truely loving funny man that has brought tons of laughter to our homes. I remember laughing so hard I would cry from my belly hurting and tears streaming down my face, he was more than hilarious. Nowadays comedians to me just do not measure up to Don Knotts.

Don Knott’s official Home Page

Wikipedia-Don Knotts

On February 24, 2006, Knotts died at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California at the age of 81 from pulmonary and respiratory complications related to lung cancer. He had been undergoing treatment at Cedars in recent months, but went home after he reportedly had been getting better.[2] Andy Griffith was at his bedside when Knotts died late in the evening. (Source- Wikipedia)

Aside from "The Andy Griffith Show", one of my favorite movies that he made was "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" (1966) . I remember we went to the drive-in theater when this film was released, oh wow was it scary to me as a child but so funny. I will never forget how much fun that was that night and watching the repeats throughout the years on television. (a scene pictured below)


If you wish to see all Don Knotts credits please click to Wikipedia-Don Knotts . There is a list of all the Filmography and Television Work he appeared and acted in. I wish Hollywood would produce originals like Don Knotts these days, but then again I don't think anyone could measure up or even come close.

My deepest condolences to all his family and friends.