Thursday, February 16, 2006

Heart Disease Awareness ref-Whittington


Atrial Fibrillation aka FIB for Short
Mr. Harry Whittington, friend of our VP Cheney, and I suffer from the same disease. Most times you only find this with the elderly, I was fortunate they found it early in my case being younger.

This complete story is getting very old and the "elite" media is in a frenzy about nothing. I feel we should be focusing on Iran, Muslims Gone Wild, Terrorists, ACLU and their latest stunt, Exposing Gore with his Buds, etc.


Excerpts from the American Heart Association
What is atrial fibrillation (AF)?

Atrial
fibrillation is a disorder found in about 2.2 million Americans. In it the
heart's two small upper chambers (the atria) quiver instead of beating
effectively. Blood isn't pumped completely out of them, so it may pool and clot. If a piece of a blood clot in the atria leaves
the heart and becomes lodged in an artery in the brain, a stroke
results.
About 15 percent of strokes occur in people with atrial
fibrillation.

The likelihood of developing atrial fibrillation increases
with age. Three to five percent of people over 65 have atrial fibrillation. American
Heart Association


In my case, the doctors watch it very closely due to the fact I have a blood disorder called Factor V Leiden. Leiden Factor V is the most common hereditary blood coagulation disorder in the United States. It is present in 5% of the American population. complications On a regular basis, I am required to have a series of tests run and medications including nitro patches and nitro pills daily. It is not a picnic, when my heart goes into F.I.B., actually it can immediately put me in bed and on call for 911. The chances of me having a stroke or heart attack are extremely high. My doctor gave me a prescription for the paramedics, since I refuse to return to the hospital after 4 times in there within a year. Obviously, there are many more details to add, but I will save you. (smiling) BTW, I was not shot by little bird pellets not buck shot. Fifty-seven will fit the size of a dime, so 200 are not so bad.

Mr. Whittington should be just fine, since one of these tiny pellets is pressing against the outside of the heart wall causing inflammation. By the inflammation, the F.I.B. occurred i.e. quizzer and irregular heartbeat. We have to have Echo test, EKGs, Cat Scans, etc. A big hassle, in other words. I would imagine he is sick by now of it too. Doctors are consulting now on me a pacemaker. It is strange when this happens b/c most times it occurs without warning, I'm not always sure if I am having a silent heart attack, full blown or stroke....but I refuse to return to the hospital unless I stop breathing. (Orders stated here)

Anyway, enough about all this. Mr. Whittington I understand is very active and his condition should improve quickly. I also heard he may have had this condition prior to the accident, and that could very well be true, b/c that was my case-found by accident. In my case, my last time showed the blood stagnant and highly prong for clogging. So meanwhile, if I am not posting regularly, most likely I am resting like I am now.

Take care.....
WOOHOO, on the Haloscan!!
Thanks LMC and Rebecca for helping me....will link you later and will visit everyone soon. Thanks for all the comments...that are saved but not posted. (yet) Sorry about that. (smiling)